Monday, July 14, 2008

Last day in Venice

My last stop in Venice was back to the San Marco District. I wanted to
get a picture of The Bridge of Sighs. I love Venice (Venezia) and
almost hate to leave! At the train station Heather decided to
purchase our tickets at a machine instead of waiting in the long line.
We had already missed the train we were planning to take. Our train
was leaving in 12 minutes. Someone she asked said they thought track
5. Of course they didn't speak English and we don't speak Italian. I
have to admit Heather tries with her Italian phrase book. So far
though no one has understood her Italian. Heather decided this would
be a good time for her to grab a bite to eat. I went to the train but
it said Pt Nue or something like that. I asked a woman on the car she
said Milan. Time for me to get stressed I start looking for Heather!
She is sitting at an outdoor table calmly eating her pizza!

The train to Verona stops at an open field. We after several attempts,
discover you have to take an elevator to an undeground station that
leads to an above ground taxi bus stop.

Heather wanted to wait to find a bus. I wanted to take the taxi. She
says the bus is another adventure. Trying to figure out how to get
where you want to go. With a 30 pound backpack and a rolling camera
case I opted for the taxi! We can try out the buses after our luggage
is at the motel!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive